Built Green Custom Homes guides and consults before construction starts with the following pre-construction consulting steps:
- Site selection and evaluation including house and driveway location, foundation suggestions and cost estimate, tree and site preservation, and septic location
- Vendor and contractor list
- Custom Home Planning Suggestions
- Floor plan layout and design. Meet with architect as needed.
- Preconstruction Guidebook with guidance on design, financing, specifications, selections, discounts, bids, surveys, appraisals, insurance, utilities, septic design, permits, engineering and site work
- Mobile repository for plans, bids, surveys, cost estimates and budget
- Multiple Cost Estimates, updated as design progresses
- Specifications and description of materials
- Organized shopping lists and vendors for materials/discounts
- Owner Builder Construction financing
- Obtain contractor estimates for budget including insurance, carpenter, windows, garage doors, roof, plumbing, electrical, AC, insulation, drywall and painting. After engineering: foundation and framing materials.
- Engineering Soil, Foundation, Structure and Septic
- Detailed cost breakdown/budget with overall project cost Material Estimating Specifications
This will help you design and prepare to build a truly unique custom energy efficient home that meets the needs, wants and desires for your family.